We have come up with a brilliant solution to prevent front-running, and have also completed the design of our new wallet webapp.
Protocol Smart Contracts
As part of the v1.1 feature set, a new smart contract called NameRegistry has been developed to enable wallets and ring-miners to register their addresses with unique names. This enables UI to display the identities of wallets and ring-miners with user-friendly names; it also reduces the size of the order structure. V1.1 is about halfway to completion.
Daniel Wang, our founder, has researched and developed an enhanced solution for front-running and trade-stealing prevention. We are preparing for a patent application and once the application is submitted, we will deploy this great feature as part of our 1.2 release. Daniel will write a blog post explaining how front-running prevention will be achieved with his solution. We believe this patent-pending solution will bring us a very good competitive advantage.
Li Yang, an x-Alipay senior engineer, and our fulltime smart-contract architect for Loopring on NEO, has been working very closely with the NEO developers to develop the LRN NEP-5 smart contract. We’ll have something soon.
The UI/UX design for Loopr2 has been completed. Our engineers are busy working on the new implementation, using the ReactJS framework. The Loopring.js library will also be refactored to provide additional functionalities required by the new design. We are excited by the progress we’ve made with the wallet.
In the meanwhile, we’ve also kicked of the design of an iOS application — loopr-ios. We are targeting mid-March for the design to complete.
Relay-Mesh and Relay
The relay API needs to be upgraded to support the new UX in Loopr2. We have been brainstorming about different approaches and have come up with a new set of APIs that will also include WebSocket support. Most of the WebSocket APIs are already code complete, as of this weekend.
We recently attempted to deploy our relay-mesh in a sandbox environment. We are experiencing some minor issues with the deployment of the Hyperledger Fabric-based consortium blockchain as it is slightly more complicated than we had originally anticipated.
We are very lucky to have Weichao Li on board. Weichao had worked with Daniel in 3 different companies and is very experienced in backend architecture. He will review our relay’s architecture and focus on extensibility and performance. One of his goals is making sure our relay will be able to talk to NEO and Qtum nodes.
Operation and Marketing
- 01/20/2018: Loopring was reported on NBC as “An Innovative Edge to the Cryptocurrency World”.
- 01/23/2018: $LRC was added to ICONOMI, a leading digital assets management platform, a new and unique technical service that allows anyone from beginners to blockchain experts to invest in and manage digital assets.
- 01/23/2018: Loopring was awarded “Best Showcase of Blockchain Innovative Applications” by BlockchaininAsia organized by China Blockchain Application Research Center at Davos.
- 01/24/2018: We worked with Bihu, a token community for a cross-community airdrop. We have airdropped 10 LRC to each of the 10000 addresses we collected from active members from their community.
- 01/25/2018: Our founder Daniel Wang was interviewed by Big Data Digest and shared his opinion on how to manage a good blockchain project and community.
- 01/26/2018: We published a diagram showing the timelines of our incentivization programs.
- 01/26/2018: Daniel presented Loopring to Qishi Club, a career path club for elite investors, traders, and other professionals on Wall Street.
- 01/30/2018: We released a blog post detailing the distribution and airdrop of Loopring token on other target blockchains: Loopring Token on NEO & Qtum — Token Sale and Airdrop.
- 01/31/2018: We partnered with Qbao, a social network based on Qtum. We will help Qbao to build a decentralized and trustless digital asset platform.
- 01/31/2018: Our founder Daniel Wang was invited to the first NEO DevCon held in San Francisco. Daniel delivered a keynote “Loopring — Coming to NEO for NEP5 Token Trading”.
- 01/31/2018: Our CMO Jay Zhou was invited by UC Irvine and shared his perspective on Loopring and decentralized exchanges.
For more up-to-date information, join us on social media:
⭑ Twitter: twitter.com/loopring.org
⭑ Rocket Chat: loopring.rocket.chat
⭑ Reddit: reddit.com/r/loopringorg/
⭑ Telegram: t.me/loopring_en
⭑ Telegram: t.me/loopringfans (Chinese)