We’ve made some great progress in the past two weeks. The Android UP Wallet 1.0 Beta is now available to download at Google Play. We released information for the third LRN airdrop.
We continued testing and optimizing protocol 2.0 while working with SecBit to audit the source code. We also made a small change to the fee model. It used to be possible to pay the matching fee in the token that got bought when the owner did not have a sufficient balance in the fee token, but now the matching fee always needs to be paid in the given fee token. The order fill amount is downscaled if needed.
We also finished designing the Loopring protocol smart contract 2.0 bug bounty program. Millions of LRC will be rewarded to bounty hunters and optimizers— exact details will be released in the next few days.
Meanwhile, we have also started designing and development of Loopring Protocol 3.0. We are thinking of creating a sidechain on Ethereum to do settlement and clearing for small transaction amounts. This solution can solve low Ethereum TPS and network clogging problems. Loopring has collaborated with the Dora.Network team to develop this solution. Testnet is expected to be delivered at the end of the year.
We have updated all features in order to support the Android app and we will continue testing it until the third LRN airdrop begins. (more on this below)
We have redesigned the Lightcone relay (relay 2.0) core orderbook and matching algorithm in order to build better a matching mechanism for Loopring Protocol 2.0. We have finished lightcone-core and lightcone-actors and are now running the testing, completed Socketio and Jsonrpc core codebase, and will adjust them according to future use.
We have introduced trading data from top exchanges and crypto market websites, like MyToken.io and CoinMarketCap, to provide more precise price and volume to our traders.
Frontend & Product
Loopring frontend’s team have finished a new UI/UX for RingTracker which we will release in the near future.
Fixed some bugs and improved user experience. Latest Up Wallet will have notification feature and user will be able to adjust the matching fee on the order page.
We also adjusted font and size after receiving some feedback from the community. This newest version of Up Wallet is much more user friendly.
Two months after UP Wallet-iOS release, we’re thrilled to announce the UP Wallet-Android 1.0 Beta release. Download the Android app at Google Play Store.
We released loopring.js V2.0.6. and completed Loopring.js API integration to Loopring Protocol 2.0.
H5DEX has completed support for the Android app. It will be integrated into UP Wallet Android 1.0. You can experience DEX and P2P trades.
In order to support the upcoming third LRN airdrop, we improved the P2P feature to make it easier for the user.
UP DEX (Web)
UP DEX is a web-based decentralized token exchange jointly developed by UP Blockchain and Loopring teams. The Beta will be released shortly, and is now running the internal testing.
UP DEX will allow users to customize themes and UI.
Circulr & Loopr & imToken LoopringDEX
Circulr / Loopr / imToken LoopringDEX has listed four new tokens: IBT, SMDX, WEB & CDCC.
Operations & Marketing
- 10/15/2018 — Loopring Fan Community was created by Loopring Chinese contributors. The goal of the organisation is to help build up the Loopring ecosystem.
- 10/15/2018 — Loopring community delegate created a BBS website to share Loopring and blockchain information to the community.
- 10/16/2018 — Loopring COO Johnston was invited by DragonEX Token Exchange to share DEX development and Loopring 2.0.
- 10/17/2018 — Loopring Protocol joined #DeFi as member protocol to help support the open and decentralized financial movement. (We will be attending the DeFi Summit in Prague before Devcon4)
- 10/18/2018 — Loopring CMO Jay Zhou joined a panel to discuss “STO Prosperous and Mission” with professionals from law firms and traditional financial institutions.
- 10/18/2018 — Loopring joined BQI community.
- 10/23/2018 — Loopring opened an official account on Zhihu to increase its social impact.
- 10/23/2018 — Loopring Protocol collaborated with Coinbucks.top in order to help blockchain ecosystem building.
- 10/25/2018 — Third LRN Airdrop Announcement. Dates to keep in mind: Nov 10–13 for the P2P trade requirement, & Nov 14–15 for the actual snapshot.
- 10/25/2018 — Loopring Weibo account has reached 500,000 views.
- 10/25/2018 — Loopring CEO Daniel Wang was invited to an AMA on TokenGazer.
- 10/26/2018 — Android UP Wallet 1.0 Beta released and is open to community for feedback. If interested in being a beta tester, please contact Leila@loopring.org with your name and telegram ID.
- 10/27/2018 — Dolomite’s DEX closed beta begins!
Note: Loopring team will be attending Hong Kong Fintech Week and Devcon4 next week. We are happy to meet anyone who is around!
To stay up-to-date with Loopring, please sign up for Loopring’s Bi-Weekly Update, and find us at:
⭑ Twitter: twitter.com/loopringorg
⭑ Reddit: reddit.com/r/loopringorg
⭑ Telegram: t.me/loopring_en & t.me/loopringfans (Chinese)
⭑ Discord: discord.gg/KkYccYp
⭑ StackOverflow: stackoverflow.com/c/loopring
⭑ Kakao: open.kakao.com/o/gJbSZdF (Korean)