Our security audit for Loopring Protocol 2.0 has successfully completed, and we have deployed 2.0! We will publish a separate post reviewing all of 2.0 functionality shortly. Our mobile apps saw meaningful updates, including a contact list for addresses. These past 2 weeks also saw a few updates on how Loopring is working with cross-chain projects for interoperability.
The security audit for protocol 2.0 is complete. The report can be found here: (http://loopring.org/resources/loopring_protocol_v2_audit_report_EN.pdf).
Shortly afterwards, we deployed protocol 2.0 to main net (https://github.com/Loopring/protocol2/blob/23bbb4e567d0ae32bf370c86a061d7adf145782a/deployment.md)!
In the coming days, we will provide an overview of exactly what 2.0 enables — from a technical POV, as well as a feature and user-facing POV.
The bug and optimization bounty program we launched in late October ended. We approved one optimization proposal that gave a minor reduction in gas consumption.
We finished work updating our code base to Truffle 5.0 with solidity 0.5 and web3 1.0. The final release version of Truffle fixed all stability issues we had with the beta releases.
We also continued our research for the next protocol release (more information will be released shortly in our updated 2019 roadmap).
Lightcone (Relay 2.0)
We have completed the first stage of our Lightcone Relay roadmap.
It includes submitting orders, canceling orders, matching orders, order book, trade history and other critical components. We have spent time on testing the relay to improve quality and performance. In addition, we have implemented JSON RPC. We have also modularized Ethereum interface to make it easy to use in the client.
Our new relay architecture is shaping up to be a formidable piece of our puzzle, and we are optimistic it will be a differentiator among DEXs, more closely emulating CEX performance.
Frontend & Product
iOS & Android
We have implemented the same features in the iOS and Android apps over the past two weeks, so we’ll combine the developments into one section this time.
After working with SECBIT for a long time, we have completed the security audit of the iOS and Android apps. The audit covered three areas, (1) common risks in application, (2) digital wallet assets security, (3) server-side application security.
The assessment has shown that our apps have no critical security risks. Even if an Android phone grants root access, our Android app can still provide good security protection. Audit reports are posted here:
https://loopring.org/resources/Loopr_iOS_Security_Audit_Report_EN.pdf (iOS English）
We have implemented a contacts feature where users can store Ethereum addresses corresponding to their friends and peers. Users can add a name and note to each address. It makes it much easier for users to manage addresses. Users can also search addresses by name and note in the contact list view.
Another important feature is that users can now claim LRN airdrop in the homepage every day.
We have also improved many UI components. One of them is the new ‘version release’ notification being displayed when a new version of the app is released. You don’t have to get notifications from social media anymore.
You can check out and download UP Wallet mobile apps on Android and iOS
Operations & Marketing
- 12/10/2018 — Loopring made a video to show Loopring’s latest news to the community.
- 12/13/2018 — Coinist presents that Loopring is the biggest decentralized exchange idea of 2018 and Loopring has the potential to rock the crypto world. Click to read
- 12/13/2018 — Three Loopring hoodies giveaway to celebrate 2018 holidays on Twitter. Click
- 12/17/2018 — A few community members’ contributions: writeup and video.
- 12/18/2018 —Loopring is the second project to have their ERC20 token, LRC, be integrated onto Wanchain. Wanchain 3.0 is currently capable of supporting cross-chain functionality for Ethereum and Bitcoin. CCN.
- 12/19/2018 — LRC listed on CITEX exchange. Participants use the Loopring exclusive registration link to sign up and deposit LRC, and they will receive 1000 CTT (current value 380 RMB) for free.
- 12/19/2018 — Loopring is a supporting platform and exchange for USDC, bringing another regulated fiat-backed stablecoin to DEX trading.
- 12/20/2018 — LRN listed on Tokenomy, a Singapore Crypto-Exchange, supporting LRN/BTC trading pair .
- 12/21/2018 — Loopring is glad to be part of the WBTC (wrapped Bitcoin) initiative as a DAO member, among a strong group of launch partners to help bring Bitcoin to Ethereum.
- 12/21/2018 — Loopring publishes “The 2019 Truth on Security Tokens”.
To stay up-to-date with Loopring, please sign up for Loopring’s Bi-Weekly Update, and find us here:
⭑ Twitter: twitter.com/loopringorg
⭑ Reddit: reddit.com/r/loopringorg
⭑ Telegram: t.me/loopring_en & t.me/loopringfans (Chinese)
⭑ Discord: discord.gg/KkYccYp
⭑ StackOverflow: stackoverflow.com/c/loopring
⭑ Kakao: open.kakao.com/o/gJbSZdF (Korean)