To celebrate the new year, we are offering qualified Loopers the chance to activate their Loopring Wallet Ethereum L1 accounts for free.
Users that meet the following criteria can take advantage of this opportunity and deploy their smart wallet on Ethereum to experience all of its security features at no cost.
1. Your Loopring Wallet L1 account is not yet activated, and your L2 account was activated before January 10, 2023 00:00 UTC+8.
2. Your L2 account has at least $2000 worth of tokens when attempting to activate the L1 account.
3. Your Loopring Wallet app is up-to-date (Android version >= 188.8.131.52，iOS version >= 2.1.6).
We will be running this promotion on a first come, first serve basis, with up to 1000 free deployments available. The event starts January 12, 2023 00:00 UTC+8 and ends January 25, 2023 23:59 UTC+8. If you are one of the first 1000 qualified users to activate your L1 account, the activation fee will be displayed as $0.
For those who are not familiar with Loopring’s L1 smart wallet, it’s an Ethereum wallet that is managed by a smart contract. By using a smart contract, the wallet allows the user to enjoy advanced features and security such as Social Recovery, lock protection, daily limits, and more eliminating the single point of failure common in a normal wallet.
- Social recovery: You don’t have to write down the seed phrase and private keys. Even if you have lost the wallet, your Guardians are able to recover it via on-chain operation.
- Lock protection: If your mobile device is lost or stolen, instantly lock your wallet until you’re back in control.
- Daily quota: In the worst case, even if someone gets full access to your wallet, they can’t exceed the daily quota setup unless approved by the Guardians.
Enjoy and happy new year!
Loopring is an Ethereum Layer 2 zkRollup protocol for scalable, secure DeFi and NFT applications. Loopring builds non-custodial, high-performance products atop our L2, including the Loopring Wallet — a mobile Ethereum smart wallet, and the Loopring L2 web app — an L2 orderbook and AMM DEX. To learn more, follow us on Medium or see Loopring.org.