We’d like to publish our bi-weekly updates in more languages. Learn more about how you can help out and win rewards.
Update: this program has been terminated.
Here at Loopring, we care about communication and transparency. I personally wrote all the bi-weekly updates to make sure our community has a good idea of what we are up to and what we have accomplished on a regular basis.
We use Medium as our major blogging platform (besides WeChat public account in China), and until now we have only maintained an English publication — http://medium.com/loopring-protocol. We feel like sharing our project updates to a broader audience who also speak: Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, German, Vietnamese, French, Korean, and Italian. We currently do not plan to post in other languages.
- According to our research, most projects pay 10–12 USD per 100 English words translated. We’ll pay 15 USD per 100 words if you can get a post translated within 24 hours after notice, or 10 USD per 100 words if you get it done within 48 hours, or 8 USD per 100 words post-48 hours. To give you a sense, translating this post will be rewarded with 81.9 USD (546 words); and translating this one will be rewarded with 90 USD (599 words). We use https://wordcounter.net to count words in the original posts.
- Translating the following existing posts will be paid 10 USD per 100 words: 1) Loopring 2018 Dev Roadmap, 2) Loopring Partnered with Blockchain at Berkeley, 3) Loopring Joins the Research Initiative Led by Professor Alessandro Chiesa at UC Berkeley, 4) Loopring Token on NEO & Qtum — Token Sale and Airdrop, 5) Dual Authoring — Loopring’s Solution to Front-Running, 6) A Brief Introduction to the Loopring Ecosystem Advancement Fund, 7) Interview with China Daily USA, 8) A Long-term Bounty Program for Shareable Contents, 9) Ready to issue your own tokens? Here is how you can do it within 1 minute.
- Besides the rewards based on word count, we will also pay extra 20 USD per post translated.
- All contributors will be paid with LRC, LRN, and/or LRQ. Currently, we only pay LRC, but once LRN and LRQ get listed on exchanges, we will split payment equally among these different Loopring protocol tokens.
- We will reward one contributor, the author, per post. It’s up to the author to find and decided whether or how to pay his/her partner(s).
- Payment will be made on a quarterly basis to reduce our management overhead.
- We will use a 3-day volume-adjusted running average price to calculate the number of tokens to pay. Take LRC for example,the price of LRC is calculated using data on this coinmarketcap page:
(6442650×(0.430886+0.395728)÷2 + 8718570×(0.443623+ 0.39452)÷2 + 5687600×(0.412454+0.378509)÷2) ÷ (6442650+ 8718570+ 5687600) = 0.4109USD.
It is worth mentioning that the above rewards are based on the prerequisite that the translation is of high-quality.
- You should be a native speaker of the target language.
- You should understand blockchain technology and specially Ethereum and smart contract.
- You should have prior experience in translating technical articles or papers.
- You will check Loopring Medium Translation telegram channel and email multiple times a day.
- You should have the bandwidth for translating 2 to 3 articles per week on average, each article will have 500–1000 words.
How to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com providing the following information:
- Check the “Current Status” below section to see who has already signed up for a language.
- Join our Loopring Medium Translation telegram channel, talk to other volunteers.
- If you decide to proceed, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your choice of a target language, 2) any documents or links that support your qualification, 3) your Medium user id.
This part was updated again and the original submission method has obsoleted.
- Daniel and the Loopring team will publish posts on a regular basis. In case we posts the link of draft posts in our Medium channel, the timer starts right there, and if we publish our posts directly, the timer starts when the posts are published.
- If you want to do the translation, please announce it in our Medium channel to make sure nobody is competing with you on the same post. We will only accept one translation per post per language. In case we cannot tell which one is better, we’ll accept the first submission.
- When you are done, add “Translated by Your Name (@medium_id) <email@example.com>” as the very first line of the footer, right after the dot-separator . We will use this line to identify and reward you so we don’t have to scan email or Telegram messages.
- You still need to add the following 5 keywords: Loopring, LRC, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Investment, either in English or the target language. If the English post has been published, you can polish your translation using your own Medium account, otherwise please hold.
- Submission (UPDATED): please send the link to your translation to Fay Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> who will copy your translation together with the 5 keywords into a new post, use her Medium account to publish the post to the right publication. Make sure you tell her which publication you want her to add your post to. Timer stops when we received your email.
If you don’t understand some of the original English content, no worry, go ahead with your best effort, and email Daniel for clarification — You can update the post later, it won’t affect your reward.
We believe our contributors possess good business ethics and will deliver high-quality works professionally— The new posts will be posted under their names after all. So normally we won’t find a third-party to review the translations. But if our community starts to complain about the quality of their articles, i.e., some articles were so obviously translated by using software such as Google Translate, we will remove the contributor from our publications and will NOT pay the amount as stated in previous sections.
Loopring will reward one contributor per post but will also reward multiple authors per publication. It means in the early stage we will not lock a publication to any single contributor or group unless sufficient trust has been built up.
We encourage each and every potential contributor to talk to others who want to work on the same language. Eventually, we’ll find a way to collaborate with each other.
You need to keep the content AS IS and format the translated exactly the same way as the original posts. Also you need to keep all the existing images — you can drag and drop the images from the original posts to your desktop to save a copy.
Full-Width Hero Image
We keep a high definition hero image (15 MB or so) on the top of each post (underneath an optional short introduction), as shown by the example below. In previous posts in English, we sometimes put some words in the images, but in the future, we’ll only put our logo there.
For any language, the footer should almost always stay the same. The one below is the footer used in our English posts. In your post, you need to change the last line to the link to our telegram channel for that specific language (ask email@example.com).
Note that 1) there is a “…” on the top, you can type it by pressing “Option + Command + Return” on Mac, or you can just copy from any existing post; 2) each line begins with a “⭑ ”. There are no blank lines in between; and 3) you need to translate the first sentence.
Update: you need to replace the first line with sometline like the following with the right links in the target language: “To access the original post, please visit Loopring’s official English blogs. For more up-to-date information, please us on social media:”
The following publications have been created:
(contributors include Bjoern Horrmann & Moritz Dietrich)
(contributors include @clarembit)
(contributors include Nicola Di Marco, Alessandro Arrigo, & Alex Serrajotto)
(contributors include Carlos B)
(contributors include Natali Igonina)
We’ll keep updating this list.
Important Legal Information
This bounty program is a discretionary rewards program for our active community to encourage and reward those who are helping to grow our community. We can cancel the program at any time and awards are at the sole discretion of Loopring Foundation. In addition, you are responsible for all taxes payable in connection with the receipt of any rewards.
You must translate our posts AS IS, and do NOT modify the original data and links, and certainly do NOT inject your own data, links, or subjective views into the posts; otherwise, you’ll be held responsible.